This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of consumers that is collected or used by Stirling Sales Agencies Limited (The Website Owner) or its affiliates or subsidiaries. The Website Owner appreciates the interest you have shown in our company, products and services by visiting our websites or related communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media pages and/or channels and blogs (together The Website Pages).
This Privacy Notice applies to all the personal data The Website Owner collects when you interact with The Website Owner, such as when you visit our websites, when you use the products or services offered by The Website Owner, when you purchase products of The Website Owner, when you subscribe to newsletters, when you contact customer support etc.
This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collections of all types of personal data.
Your privacy is important to Stirling Sales Agencies Limited and we describe below how we use and protect your information.
For what purposes does The Website Owner process your personal information?
We ask you to share your personal information with us for purposes including, but not limited to:
1. Purchase and delivery of products and services
• We use your personal information to take and handle orders made online via our own websites, over the telephone or via online marketplaces such as but not limited to eBay and Amazon. • To deliver products and services, process payments and communicate with you about orders, products and services.
2. Comply with legal obligations
• In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
3. Communicate with you
• We use your personal information to communicate with you or respond to questions in relation to our products, this may be via post, phone, email or the messaging facility on social media sites.
4. Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks
• We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks..
5. Purposes for which we seek your consent
• We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to us processing your personal information for a specific purpose, you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop processing your information for that purpose.
6. Participating in The Website Owner online communities
• Including social media channels, pages and
Type of Personal Data we may collect
When you interact with The Website Owner, for instance interacting with The Website Owner via The Website Pages (e.g. “like us on Facebook”), we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
• Your name;
• Your email address;
• Your telephone number;
• Your social media profile;
• Your gender;
• Your age;
• Information about the products you’ve purchased;
• Your usage of and activities on The Website Pages;
• Your interests; and
• Other information related to your online behaviour.
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, and your settings on The Website Pages, certain personal data may be shared with The Website Owner about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted etc.). In addition, we may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques (cookies link), including, but not limited to:
Your IP address;
Your cookie ID;
Your web browser;
The web pages you visit on our website(s);
Different ways we collect your Personal Data
You can share your personal data with The Website Owner in several ways, including, but not limited to:
• Your communications with The Website Owner. These can be product or service related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests you addressed to us;
• Communicating with one of our The Website Owner Customer Service representatives by email or phone or in writing;
• Ordering a product;
• Participating in a promotion, game or competition;
• Participating in a social media activity related to a The Website Owner promotion (for example clicking “like”, “share” or “commenting” on a post);
• Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/devices
• Voluntarily participating in surveys;
• When using The Website Owner connected products and/or Apps, you may be asked whether you wish to share data with The Website Owner (e.g. share your usage data or your location data);
• Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
• Social Listening: The Website Owner may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
The Website Owner may also obtain your personal data if you are a customer of a The Website Owner partner. Personal data may also reach us if we purchase another company of which you are a customer. If you do not want The Website Owner to use your personal data that has not been provided by you, you may let us know at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners and other third parties in accordance with applicable law.
Third Party Service Providers
• We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, examples of these functions are to fulfil product orders, deliver packages, send postal mail and e-mail, to manage our websites, process payments, transmit content, score credit risk and provide customer service and accounts. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions however may not use it for other purposes and must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
• As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
Business Partners and Other Third Parties
• We may be required by law to share your personal data with HM Revenue and Customs and similar bodies in the performance of their statutory responsibilities. The Website Owner may sell you a product or offer you a service in a joint marketing effort with another company (Business Partner). We will let you know that such a relationship exists and who these companies are prior to processing your data for such joint marketing efforts. If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal information.
The Website Owner may store your personal data in a cloud. This means that your personal data may be processed on behalf of The Website Owner by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. The Website Owner makes use of organisational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar, but in no way less restrictive, requirements on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above. The Website Owner will disclose personal information only in conformance with this Privacy Notice and/or when required by law.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of our services, for as long as it is required:
• In order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice
• as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes
• or as otherwise communicated to you
For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to.
You have the following rights:
• The right to be informed as to what data we hold about you and what we do with it.
• The right of access, please contact us to request a copy of the data we hold.
• The right to rectification, please contact us to have inaccurate data corrected.
• The right to erasure, please contact us to delete / destroy your data.
• The right to restrict processing and to limit the amount or type of data used.
• The right to data portability, please contact us to request to move your data electronically to another business.
• The right to object, please contact us to request that we stop using your data
You may contact us in writing, by telephone or email at the following address:
Stirling Sales Agencies Ltd
Holly Berry House
Phone: 01889 504239
Information About Cookies
When you participate in various social media forums such as Facebook, Instagram etc, you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or) in combination with your settings on The Website Pages), certain personal data may be shared with The Website Owner about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc).
Links to websites
Whilst using The Website Owner websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites operate independently from The Website Owner and may have their own privacy notices, statements or Cookie Policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites as we are not responsible for the content, use or privacy practices of these sites.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to change or add to this Privacy Notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites, the new Privacy Notice will be effective upon posting. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version. By continuing to access the Website Pages after the changes become effective you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy Notice.
Updated December 2018